Fall of man
Man was created to commune with God. He was created in
God's image. God created a helpmate for the first man named Adam, her name was Eve.
Man was created with three distinct elements: body (physical, able to decay), soul
(the part of us with personality, heart) and spirit (the breath of God).
- Now the serpent was more crafty than any of the wild animals
the LORD God had made. He said to the woman, "Did God really say, `You must not eat
from any tree in the garden'?"
- The woman said to the serpent, "We may eat fruit from
the trees in the garden,
- but God did say, `You must not eat fruit from the tree that
is in the middle of the garden, and you must not touch it, or you will die.'"
- "You will not surely die," the serpent said to the
- "For God knows that when you eat of it your eyes will be
opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil."
- When the woman saw that the fruit of the tree was good for
food and pleasing to the eye, and also desirable for gaining wisdom, she took some and ate
it. She also gave some to her husband, who was with her, and he ate it.
- Then the eyes of both of them were opened, and they realized
they were naked; so they sewed fig leaves together and made coverings for themselves.
- Genesis 3:14-19
- So the LORD God said to the serpent, "Because you have
done this, "Cursed are you above all the livestock and all the wild animals! You will
crawl on your belly and you will eat dust all the days of your life.
- And I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between
your offspring and hers; he will crush your head, and you will strike his heel."
- To the woman he said, "I will greatly increase your
pains in childbearing; with pain you will give birth to children. Your desire will be for
your husband, and he will rule over you."
- To Adam he said, "Because you listened to your wife and
ate from the tree about which I commanded you, `You must not eat of it,' "Cursed is
the ground because of you; through painful toil you will eat of it all the days of your
- It will produce thorns and thistles for you, and you will eat
the plants of the field.
- By the sweat of your brow you will eat your food until you
return to the ground, since from it you were taken; for dust you are and to dust you will
Adam and Eve gave up what God had blessed them with. We are all
offspring of Adam. We have all sinned. God provided the Lamb to take away the
sin of the world! Jesus God came as a man to allow man to take on the spiritual
nature of God. Jesus was the perfect Sacrifice, He died once for all men to be
reconciled unto God. (Read Romans 5)